These instructions show how to set up a 66mod race at Monaco on 3.UKGPL. The passwords have been omitted for obvious reasons. Other servers used by UKGPL can be started in the same way but the IP Address and possibly the port number will be different.
1. Open up IGOR and press the "Host" button on the toolbar:
2. The "Hosting Choices " popup menu will appear. Press the "Remote" button:
3. Next enter the IP Address and Port Number for the server. Type in the password and press the "Connect" button.
4. When the main window pops up go to the "Host" tab. Enter appropriate comments in the "Host comments", "Connection type" and "Server location" fields. Select the following options:
Note: Please ensure the "Full-Screen" option is NOT selected as it can cause server problems.
For T7_2 do NOT check the "Replay memory override" option. The server core.ini is already set to record long replays.
5. In the "Network/Server" tab select the following options. This should ensure the bandwidth is comparable with that provided by VROC and hence consistent with VROC hosted UKGPL races. This should ensure a reasonable balance between a decent framerate and the number of cars visible ahead and behind.
6. In the "Security" tab select the following options and enter the appropriate passwords.
7. For races with restrictions on chassis use (e.g. 2 litre 66 mods cars only) it is usefull to restrict the chassis the drivers may select when they join. Sometimes the full name of the car will not be visible when hosting a race. As a guide the following screen shots show the full car names as they appear to the drivers when joining the server.
8. Finally in the "Event List" tab select the track, practice time and event type. For a single race the "Repeat event list" should be set to 1.
9. Once the passwords have been inputted the "Host" button will become active and the server can be started. A popup should appear confirming that the server has started. This popup can be cancelled by the OK button.
- After having inputted all the data, the settings can be saved in a .ihs file. This file can then be loaded and modified as necessary in order to start other races.
- If it is necessary to shut down the server manually you will need to join the race with the BOSS password. Join as you would normally as a driver but type the driver's password then a slash and then the BOSS password. For example if the driver's password is john and the BOSS password is surtees then you would type john/surtees. Once you have joined the race type !shutdown in chat to halt the server.
- Don't shut the server down manually under normal circumstances. You must let the server shut down automatically to ensure the race results and replay are saved correctly.